Our client is seeking an Aerodynamics Stores Release & Jettison (SR&J) Engineer working with their highly experienced team in the cosmopolitan city of Ankara, Turkey.
The role involves being part of a team responsible for developing the modelling and simulations to be used in the SR&J process, and then use these as the basis for carrying out the work for this new generation combat aircraft
The aircraft is in the very early stages of design and this role will provide an opportunity to be at the heart of, and influencing, the development of this exciting project.
You will be working in a multi-national team interfacing with a wide spectrum of specialist engineers across the project
- Plan and deliver assigned work (own and any supervised staff) to cost and schedule to meet customer and business needs
- The technical content of the work (own and by supervised staff), including deliverables, is acceptable to the customer and utilises the most efficient engineering methods available.
- Ensure all work is compatible with quality policies and that procedures are followed
- Ensure effective interactions and communications with customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the team, project and company
- Actively contribute to development, and team expertise, to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Skills and proven abilities:
A good degree (or equivalent) in Aeronautical Engineering or related STEM subjects with Aerodynamics content and several years of proven ability in applying this knowledge in an industrial context.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge
- Stores carriage and release mechanisms
- Certification requirements and store safe separation criteria
- Numerical modelling and analysis techniques
- Aerodynamic characterisation and parametric modelling of aircraft and stores
Also have familiarity with the following;
- A range of different stores types and classes
- Model matching and verification
- Linear and non-linear analysis
- Test specification and test support
- Safety Case development
- Wind tunnel testing