2 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To provide managerial support to the CPO and CPO Group.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Prepare the CPO for meetings through provision of high-quality briefing papers and materials to ensure effectiveness.
* Monitor completion of CPO actions from CRL Board, Sponsor Board, CRL Board committees, CRL Executive, Internal Audit etc and delegate and follow up open actions with the CPO leadership team.
* Attend meetings with the CPO where required and produce minutes and actions if required.
* Prepare draft responses to correspondence
* Prepare presentations and speaking materials for senior audiences
* Undertake ad hoc research as necessary to support the activities of the CPO
* Work closely with the Senior Business Manager and Senior PA to ensure effective prioritisation of activity in the CPO's office, including monitoring the CPO email inbox and delegating/escalating tasks as required.
* Own the CPO "next 100 days" plan and ensure actions are completed as expected.
* Work with the offices of the CEO, Chairman and Chief Programme Officer to support effective operations and collaboration across the Executive team.
* Ensure effective and methodical follow-up to activities undertaken
* Be prepared to take on a wide variety of tasks at short notice
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
* Maintaining a responsive and flexible approach to changing priorities.
* Working in a collaborative manner across the matrix organisation.
* Working to tight timescales.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Chief Financial Officer
* Senior Business Manager and Chief of Staff
* All teams in CPO Group
* Working with the advisers for the CEO, Chairman & Chief Programme Officer to coordinate activity
* Working at Executive level with interaction with the CPO, CEO and Chief Programme Officer
* Internal interfaces - Board members, Directors, Executive Team, CPO Group
* External interfaces - Sponsor organisations
5. Person Specification
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Collaborative and energetic approach
* High personal standards of work
* Degree level education or equivalent experience
* Ability to translate project information into relevant responses
* Recent experience of major programmes or projects
* Knowledge of TfL and the Crossrail programme an advantage
* Ability to work at all levels of the organisation, especially influencing senior leaders
* Willingness to take on a variety of tasks at short notice.