City of London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
17 days ago
- Purpose of the Job
To provide support and advice to the Chairman and Deputy Chairman.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Prepare the Chairman and Deputy Chairman for internal and external meetings through provision of high-quality briefing papers and materials to ensure effectiveness.
- Attend meetings with the Chair and Deputy Chair, to record actions and follow up as appropriate.
- Prepare draft responses to all relevant correspondence.
- Create and provide presentations and speaking materials, particularly for external events.
- Undertake ad hoc research as necessary to support the activities of the Chair and Deputy Chair.
- Work with the External Affairs team and Senior PA to prioritise external activity and preparatory materials.
- Ensure effective and methodical follow-up to all activities undertaken.
- Be prepared to take on a wide variety of tasks at short notice.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the our client Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with our client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for our client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with our client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put our client's information or information systems at risk
- Main challenges of the job
- Maintaining a responsive and flexible approach to changing priorities
- Working in a collaborative manner across the matrix organisation
- Working to tight timescales
- Dealing with internal and external parties at all levels
- Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Close collaboration with Senior PA supporting Chair and Deputy Chair
- Chief of Staff and External affairs team
- Working with the advisers in the CEO and Deputy CEO's office to coordinate activity
- Company Secretary and Secretariat team
- Working at Executive and Board level with interaction with the CEO, DCEO and Board members
- Internal interfaces - Board members, Directors, Executive Team
- External interfaces - Sponsor Board, Joint Sponsor Team, TfL
- Person Specification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and energetic approach
- High personal standards of work
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Ability to translate project information into relevant responses
- Recent experience of major programmes or projects
- Knowledge of TfL an advantage
- Ability to work at all levels of the organisation, especially influencing senior leaders
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks at short notice, ability to be reactive and proactive.