£26 - £27 per hour
6 months ago
An exciting opportunity to work on a high profile Rolling Stock programme with London Underground Rolling Stock.
carrying out a required set of maintenance tasks and casualty repairs in accordance with vehicle maintenance instructions within a specified time frame
* Use tools, plant and equipment in accordance with safety standards and prescribed working methods.
* Carry out all electrical and mechanical tasks, ensuring standards of work comply with good mechanical and electrical working practices.
* Carrying out maintenance duties allocated to the team and as directed by the Team Leader.
* Carry out Rolling Stock testing procedures and fault diagnostic duties when appropriate.
* Complete re-wire as per schematic drawings
* Carry out all train repairs and maintenance as detailed in the Working Quality Instructions and to company specifications.
* Comply with all Company Rules and Regulations, including the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974. COSHH regulations and the 1990 Rule Book & Appendices and LUL Safety Directive 504.
* Checking and monitoring own work
* Keeping up-to-date with all service bulletins and new procedures
* Ensure that Quality systems and procedures are adhered to at all times.
* Be qualified and competent to work in a safe manner ensuring that personal safety and the safety of others remains the number one priority
* Ability to understand and follow work instructions (WI) to successfully remove & refit electrical & mechanical components correctly and safely.
* Be able to recognise and report any problems or issues to the Team Leader and seek advise from the project shift engineers if unsure
* Ensure that correct tooling is always used, fit for purpose and that the local control procedures are strictly adhered too.
* Ability to maintain a clean working environment and follow depot rules and regulations
* Qualified with the ability to understand electrical schematic and wiring check sheets to ensure all electrical components are removed and installed correctly to specification.
* Experience in Rolling Stock or a time served apprenticeship
* Must hold formal qualifications (minimum of City & Guilds Part 1 & 2) in an electrical, electronic discipline
* A proven track record of fault finding and problem solving