0161 707 1516
2 months ago
Our client is recruiting for a contract ADS Modelling Engineer for a Sateliit Payload Systems team.
The team provides engineering support to the Portsmouth-based Telecom Payload Team. As part of the role delivered by the team, engineers are required to develop representative software simulation models for various purposes including End-to-end telecom systems, Performance prediction of telecom payloads, Simulation of advanced subsystems, Analysis of the performance of payload equipment: active equipment, ALM equipment, processors; etc.
The purpose of these models is to assist the payload and subsystem design activities, to validate the solutions proposed, and to predict the performance.
The team currently relies on various tools:
- Keysight ADS, Matlab Simulink, SystemVue, Microwave Office, Ticra Satsoft, STK; etc.
- Understand or interpretprojects' requirements
- In line with the emergence of new payload architectures requiring the modelling of new subsystems for which the existing standard modelling tools are not suitable (multi-port amplifiers; processors; active antenna; etc.).
- Take part to the definition of the development roadmap for an end-to-end model which might encompass elements developed in other entities / other sites
- Take direct ownership for the development of models relying on the relevant software solution:
- Liaise with the system engineering team / architect to confirm and formalise requirements
- Implement model / code and produce associated documentation
- Take part to the Validation activities
- Support the deployment / use of the model by the project team
- Support preparation of any relevant presentation illustrating modes of operation and/or results obtained (at the attention of the project team or of the customer)
- Support any training (internal or of the customer)
- Join and support the'system modellingpool' of allocated engineers
- Take part to team meetings
- Contribute to the adoption of standard development practice
- Take an active role in identifying and possibly leading process improvements in the area of payload system modelling
- Strong proven ability with modelling software used in the context of end-to-end RF communication chains
- As a priority: Keysight ADS
- Desirable: Matlab/Simulink; SystemVue, and/or any other relevant tool.
- Ability with Programming languages such as Python, Visual Basic, C, etc.
- Good exposure to Microwave/RF Technologies
- Knowledge of satellite communication system architecture, and minimal understanding of equipment fitted to the Satellite Payload (e.g. Receivers, Converters, Amplifiers, Waveguides, Processors, and Antennas)
- Good understanding of RF communication signal design techniques (e.g. modulation, encoding, filtering)
- Solid theoretical background on digital communications and proven ability to apply the theory to solve practical problems