Administrator; 12 month contract; Inside IR35; based in Warton; £14.38 per hour
There is an opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Engineering Integration, Business Operations & Governance Team within the Weapon System Engineering department under the Europe & International Service Delivery organisation for BAE Systems.
This role provides exposure to the wider operations and governance organisation and is an excellent opportunity to work alongside subject matter experts. Whilst Typhoon represents the majority of the workload, the scope of the team now also encompasses Tornado and other aircraft tasks.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Day-to-day management of department activities.
- Co-ordination and reporting of business operations and governance tasks.
- Work with a variety of different people across various departments.
- Provide weekly communication and status reports to management on various tasks (KPIs).
- Support departmental governance activities, including quality and document management.
- Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) administration, supporting the department in weekly and monthly activities and concerns.
- Identify and support the delivery of improvement opportunities within own scope of work across the integration team.
- Proven work experience as an administrator.
- Strong customer service.
- Effective communication across all levels of the organisation is essential.
- IT literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Have the ability to organise, plan work proactively, and prioritise between urgent and important tasks.
- Motivation and willingness to learn and improve.
- Problem solving, pragmatism and work in a logical manner.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
1. Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) administration, supporting the department in weekly and monthly SHE activities and concerns.
2. Local IT Administrator (LITA), assisting with all aspects of IT including ordering and managing department hardware and administration of file drives and SharePoint sites.
3. Providing quality service to department members, interacting with other teams, undertaking Time and Attendance admin and other general office admin enquiries.
4. Provide assistance with writing and updating Governance documentation and toolsets, aligning the department with the latest regulations and overall company standards.
This role has been created to help with the widening of the departmental responsibilities. The merging of Tornado, Typhoon and Hawk disciplines has increased our team workload and amount of involvement with the wider business on a daily basis, coupled with the extra administration of departmental staff members now working from home and requiring support.
The candidate must be excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and good with Project
Communication, Team Working and Motivation are Essential
NVQ Level 4 in a relevant subject would be preferred.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control; SHE documentation