Up to £9.70 per hour
about 2 months ago
We are looking to recruit 2 x Administrators to work for BAE Systems in their Maritime Sector. The jobholder will undertake a range of administrative and clerical duties within a department. This is a position for an experienced administrator with a detailed understanding of the systems, processes and procedures and their importance within the general operation of the department. At this level the administrator will typically have experience in a clerical environment.
- Undertakes a range of clerical and administrative duties within a department to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Processes documents and information received from a range of sources
- Identifies and undertakes initial investigation into discrepancies and shortages relating to product or services, this could involve statistical information, document control or physical stock control
- Collates and extracts data and produces routine reports, schedules, summaries and letters for internal circulation or for customers and suppliers
- May deal with customers and suppliers and exchange information in order to clarify a situation, e.g. placing orders, arranging appointments, deliveries, etc.
- Verifies calculations, checks or allocates costs, checks and obtains correct authorisation and obtains information for incorrect or incomplete documents
- Files documents and keeps filing systems up to date such that information can be readily retrieved
The successful candidate will have some experience in a clerical role within the Business Support function. You will be able to use Microsoft Office software comprehensively and carry out assigned tasks. You will need a good knowledge of a range of work routines, procedures and systems across their area. Good communication skills are required and you will be required to regularly exchange information. You will need to be able to confidently liaise with robust and sometimes awkward contacts.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control