Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £15.00 per hour
12 days ago
ADMINISTRATOR - MANCHESTER - 6 MONTH CONTRACT - £15 PER HOUR
- Responsible for working closely with the PMO Analyst to provide a wide variety of administration activities to help IT deliver its strategic programmes.
* Will support several projects simultaneously to a cumulative value of up to c.£50m
* Facilitate meetings: Responsible for facilitating meetings/calls, ensuring actions are captured, issued and closed
* Mailbox management: Responsible for ensuring shared mailboxes are managed and emails needing attention are actioned. This includes responding to demand requests for IT project services from the business.
* Building system knowledge: Responsible for building system knowledge to perform tasks such as raising of requests or purchase orders
* Report creation: Responsible for collating report inputs from across all programmes to form a single aggregated view which is shared with the Programme Managers to make informed decisions
* Reporting: Responsible for creating reports to a high quality. This includes being involved in the preparation, analysis and presentation of data relating to project milestones, financials and resources to allow Programme Managers to make informed decisions.
* MS Teams maintenance: Responsible for maintaining project document repositories in Teams
The PMO Administrator will build their knowledge to be able to identify and address challenges and apply problem-solving abilities:
* Identify and analyse data inconsistencies or data errors and determine the corrective action required
* Adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
* Effective prioritising and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Consider continuous improvement in every day thinking and how we operate
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- The successful candidate will need to work with various internal and external (non-IT) stakeholders. As such, the postholder will need to understand the overarching portfolio, have strong attention to detail, excellent communication and can bring a "can-do" approach whilst operating in a fast paced environment.
- Client facing and pro-active with 'can-do' approach who will own tasks to completion with high quality standards.
* Have good working knowledge of MS Excel, including formulas and formatting.
* Strong ownership of deliverable quality even when reporting on data provided by others so it's fit for senior stakeholders
* Strong analytical skills and proactively manage identified issues
* Comfortable with financial information and terminology
* Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate calls and keep people informed of status
* Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and meet fixed deadlines
* Ability to own and chase down actions through to completion, especially when multiple people are involved