Up to £9.70 per hour
8 days ago
An Administrator is required to undertake a range of administrative and clerical duties within a department for a large manufacturing company based in Portsmouth.
This is a position for an experienced administrator with a detailed understanding of the systems, processes and procedures and their mportance within the general operation of the department. At this level the administrator will typically have experience in a clerical environment.
Duties will involve;
- Undertake a range of clerical and administrative duties within a department to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Process documents and information received from a range of sources
- Identify and undertake initial investigation into discrepancies and shortages relating to product or services, this could involve statistical information, document control or physical stock control
- Collate and extract data and produce routine reports, schedules, summaries and letters for internal circulation or for customers and suppliers.
- Verify calculations, checks or allocates costs, checks and obtains correct authorisation and obtains information for incorrect or incomplete documents
- File documents and keep filing systems up to date so that information can be readily retrieved
- Issue personal, mobile working and PPE locker keys maintaining locker databases.
- Order stationery, furniture and water requirements.
- Provide Ships Safety Brief and issues swipe access to the ship maintaining database.
- Assist the Building Manager in the maintenance of building.
- Record actions for Project and Customer meetings.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills as the role will require someone who can confidently liaise with people at all levels. You will be able to work on own initiative and have some previous administration experience. You will be a proficient user of Microsoft Office packages.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control