Up to £9.00 per hour
13 days ago
Administrator; Portsmouth; £9.00/hr PAYE; Contract
We are looking for an administrator to work for our client based near Portsmouth to undertake a range of administrative and clerical duties within a department.
This is a position for an experienced administrator with a detailed understanding of the systems, processes and procedures and their importance within the general operation of the department. At this level the administrator will typically have experience in a clerical environment.
Core duties will include;
* Undertakes a range of clerical and administrative duties within a department to ensure the smooth running of the department
* Processes documents and information received from a range of sources
* Identiﬁes and undertakes initial investigation into discrepancies and shortages relating to product or services, this could involve statistical information, document control or physical stock control
* Collates and extracts data and produces routine reports, schedules, summaries and letters for internal circulation or for customers and suppliers
* May deal with customers and suppliers and exchange information in order to clarify a situation, e.g. placing orders, arranging appointments, deliveries, etc.
* Veriﬁes calculations, checks or allocates costs, checks and obtains correct authorisation and obtains information for incorrect or incomplete documents
* Files documents and keeps ﬁling systems up to date such that information can be readily retrieved
* Some experience in a clerical role within the Business Support function
* Can use Microsoft Office software comprehensively
* Carries out assigned tasks
* Needs a good knowledge of a range of work routines, procedures and systems across their area.
* Understands how the area collectively works together in order to meet their objectives
* The role holder needs to understand the roles of others in their immediate team in order to help carry out their role effectively
* The role works within deﬁned guidelines and procedures
* Procedures fully understood and role holder confident in solutionising from these procedures.
* Makes straightforward judgements by selecting appropriate solution from deﬁned guidelines.
* Good communication skills
* Regularly exchanges information
* Will need to be able to confidently liaise with robust and sometimes awkward contacts.
* Some exposure to admin, customer service or data management in an HR environment would be a plus
* Need to have a good balance of analytical skills (manipulating data on Excel) and interpersonal skills (chase people for updates, write up feedback summaries, etc.)
* Good organisational skills
* The role will help track overall progress and / or delays of recruitment cases, and help liaise with the relevant parties to highlight challenges
* The role may also involve supporting line managers directly with the admin around recruitment (completing requests online, ordering IT equipment, etc)
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy