Up to £9.00 per hour
10 days ago
A new opportunity has become available for an Experienced Administrator to Undertake a range of administrative and clerical duties within a department of a large organisation. You will need to have understanding of the systems, processes and procedures and their importance within the general operation of the department.
At this level the administrator will typically have experience in a clerical environment.
- Undertakes a range of clerical and administrative duties within a department to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Processes documents and information received from a range of sources
- Identifies and undertakes initial investigation into discrepancies and shortages relating to product or services, this could involve statistical information, document control or physical stock control
- Collates and extracts data and produces routine reports, schedules, summaries and letters for internal circulation or for customers and suppliers
- May deal with customers and suppliers and exchange information in order to clarify a situation, e.g. placing orders, arranging appointments, deliveries, etc.
- Verifies calculations, checks or allocates costs, checks and obtains correct authorisation and obtains information for incorrect or incomplete documents
- Files documents and keeps filing systems up to date such that information can be readily retrieved
- Some experience in a clerical role within the Business Support function
- Can use Microsoft Office software comprehensively
- Carries out assigned tasks
- Needs a good knowledge of a range of work routines, procedures and systems across their area.
- Requires a basic knowledge of the Area in which the role operates
- Understands how the area collectively works together in order to meet their objectives
- The role holder needs to understand the roles of others in their immediate team in order to help carry out their role effectively.
No supervisory requirements need to manage own workload only
- The role works within defined guidelines and procedures
- Procedures fully understood and role holder confident in solutioning from these procedures
- Makes straightforward judgements by selecting appropriate solution from defined guidelines.
Nature of Impact
- Role holder produces information/data/a service which helps others make a decision
- Work subject to standard procedures and accuracy/attention to detail is required and where the impact lies.
Area of Impact
Quality and timeliness of work produced impacts the immediate team
- Good communication skills
- Regularly exchanges information
- Will need to be able to confidently liaise with robust and sometimes awkward contacts.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control