Up to £16.83 per hour
13 days ago
A new opportunity is now available for an Accounts Receivable Senior Advisor to join a large Aerospace and Defence company; BAE Systems
This role reports to the Accounts Receivable Invoicing Manager and will have responsibility for managing various stakeholders, leading engagement activities and ensuring proactive delivery of a variety of work streams both individually and as part of the wider AR team. The primary responsibility will be for operational delivery of a high-quality sales invoicing and order book management service. You will have an excellent understanding of the underlying AR operations, a comprehensive knowledge of process and procedures in this area, and a detailed understanding of the team's strategy and goals. This position will require the role holder to develop and maintain good internal and external relationships with a strong focus on excellent customer service. You will work with other senior stakeholders to plan and deliver forthcoming projects, events and activities as well as a strong operational service. Whilst the role is focused primarily on service activities carried out on site, you may be required to assist the Accounts Receivable Manager with various other projects and travel to other locations.
- Support the AR Team Leaders and deputise as the point of contact as required.
- Interface daily with the wider team and associated stakeholders across the business providing support and guidance.
- Understands how the AR teams collectively work together in order to meet their objectives and works with the service manager to prioritise duties. These can include any AR core operational tasks in addition to the below.
- Support the development, testing and delivery of any new systems or processes impacting the AR team.
- Support in the development of best practice solutions that meets the needs of the business in line with policy and offer process and policy improvements where required.
- Undertake and lead on specific projects in support of the wider AR operational and strategic vision and manage delivery of key operational processes and activities incoming to the team.
- Support Team Leaders with complex queries and aid with key stakeholder engagement where necessary.
- Responsible for defined aspects of system configuration/set up/testing associated with any customer/service driven changes relating to new and existing AR processes
- Responsible for educating and supporting the wider AR team on changes to operations born through legislation, service, customer or technological changes and ensuring any risks are mitigated.
- Support with the implementation and delivery of joint goal initiatives, engaging with key stakeholders to drive forward AR objectives.
- Strive to deliver excellent customer service individually and as part of a team.
- Taking an active role in daily stand-ups and monthly team meetings including briefing the AR Team on any ongoing changes.
- Compliance with Financial Controls. Support team leads with resolution of any non-compliance's and control improvement opportunities.
- Lead the provision of support & evidence, as required, for internal & external audits.
- Production of process documentation for any new processes and ensuring sufficient training is delivered to embed these into existing operations.
- Compliance with the Document Creation, Retention & Destruction Policy
Projects & Business Change:
- Apply a strong focus on continuous improvement. Evaluating where AR processes can be made more efficient and effective and supporting delivery of solutions.
The Role Holder will:
- Will be Part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CICM or have extensive experience of working in an Accounts Receivable function in varied roles. (5 years minimum across multiple AR elements)
- Good experience of operating multiple accounting ERP's
- Good data analytical skills and an understanding of how to obtain and manipulate various forms of data into interpretable reports/data sets.
- Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft packages including creating reports, presentations etc.
- Undertake tasks that are changeable and varying in nature from administrative to project and change leadership.
- Have a firm understanding of accounting including IFRS15, revenue recognition and how this impacts the sales ledger.
- Understand debtor provisions and when these should be applied/utilised/released.
- Understand what documentation is required to process different types of sales e.g Goods dispatch notes, export paperwork etc.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control; CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance