Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £11.42 per hour
9 months ago
Accounts Payable Team Member; 12 month contract; Crawley; £11.42 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a large defence client based in Crawley as an Accounts Payable Query Handling Team Member. You will be responsible for all elements of AP 3rd party and Inter-company invoice payments and query handling across multi-Business Units ensuring adherence to company policy.
Duties will involve;
- Raising supplier BACs and CHAPs (manual) payments with the relevant approvals and in-line with the payments timetable
- Ensuring that payments are finalised in-line with the Cashiers cut-off dates/times
- Processing Inter-company Netting payments in-line with the monthly timetable
- Resolving issues identified in the weekly Health Check Reports - Paid Invoices on Hold; Supplier and bank - No Bank Accounts; Invoices set to Check & Wire
- Proactively manage the outstanding Supplier Advances (Prepayments) - ensuring that transactions are followed-up and cleared; maintain details of all actions taken; manage the monthly reconciliation process; provide updates at the monthly Prepayments meeting
- Proactively manage the outstanding Supplier Debit Balances - ensuring that transactions are followed-up and cleared; maintain details of all actions taken; provide updates at the monthly Debit Balance meeting
- Proactively manage the outstanding Aged Creditors Report - ensuring that transactions are followed-up and cleared; maintain details of all actions taken; provide updates at the monthly Creditors meeting
- Manage the On Hold Reports and ensure that holds are cleared in a timely manner - AP Management; AP Prepay Migration; Manual Payment; Max Total Amount; PO Not Approved; Price; Quantity Ordered; Rejected Payment; Rejected to Supplier; Tax Amount Range
- Statement reviews for missing credit notes and aged invoices
- Maintain the Payables email accounts
- Receive and resolve incoming telephone calls and resolve queries
- Ad-hoc Payables related tasks - as and when required
The successful applicant will have good communication skills, be a team player and able to multi-task. You will have excellent customer service skills and be able to work on own initiative
You will have full end-to end Payables experience including invoice processing and review - validation of invoices, matching to Purchase orders and co-ordination of invoice approvals - invoice payments - query handling/ You will have experience of working with an invoice scanning tool and system based payables processes. The successful candidate will have the ability to instigate and resolve invoice related queries with suppliers, customers and colleagues of all levels. You will have fast and accurate keyboard skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. You will have a minimum of GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
Experience of working for a large and complex organisation - Shared Service Centre environment would be an advantage. Previous Oracle and/or SAP experience would be an advantage.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control; Oracle