17 days ago
Our nuclear sector client based in the South Glos area has a permanent vacancy for a Finance Team Leader (Payables)
Purpose of Role
To lead and deliver a professional, cost effective Payables service within the Finance Team, with day-to-day responsibility for transactional processing of supplier invoices and staff / ASW expenses claims. This will include processing payment proposals and provision of an AP / Expenses Helpdesk. This requires close interaction with internal functions including procurement, HR and systems support.
This will be done as a key member of a multi-functional project implementation team
Head of Finance
* Uphold Company values at all times by putting safety and environmental protection first; building trust by acting with integrity and respect for others; and ensuring that we promote and support innovation and efficiency to achieve successful delivery of the mission
* Lead a team to deliver a payables service, focused on timely, high quality outcomes for customers and stakeholders. This includes:
o Processing invoices transmitted from the outsourced invoice reception and verification service, ensuring authorisation of payment by matching to valid purchase order and receipt (3-way match). This is to include process control checks to give assurance of accuracy and fraud prevention.
o Process staff and ASW expenses claims to payment stage. This is to include process control checks against the appropriate Travel & Expenses standards to give assurance of accuracy, compliance and fraud prevention.
o Provision of a Helpdesk liaising with suppliers and Magnox staff, with prompt response and resolution of queries for both invoices and expenses claims
o Reconciliation of Supplier statements.
* Process weekly payment runs to suppliers/staff and process requests for urgent payments, liaising with Magnox treasury function.
* Problem solving and acting as subject matter expert in all aspects of Accounts Payable processing, following up process or transactional issues ensuring prompt resolution
* Initial point of contact for expenses queries that may arise during the checking process
* Review of supplier accounts, investigating aged items or other anomalies
* Management of team performance, including training and development, ensuring open communication and fostering a culture of service excellence through coaching.
* Develop team functional skills to allow the payables team to work flexibly across all elements of the processing activities of the team.
* Efficient resource management and control and supervision and planning resource levels to ensure continuous service in core hours.
* Establish and report on realistic KPIs for payable services and monitor and evaluate data and information to ensure ongoing service quality.
* Develop, build and monitor customer relationships and seek to obtain and act on customer feedback.
* Ensure the effective deployment of company-wide processes, systems and procedures and strive for continuous improvement and development, looking for opportunities to improve response times, increase quality, reduce cost and streamline activities.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
NVQ level 3 or BTEC Diploma or other relevant business qualification
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Previous experience in an accounts payable function
Line Management Experience
Intermediate/ advanced IT skills in Microsoft Office (or similar office package) and ERP systems
Knowledge of appropriate legislation and best practice, including understanding of HMRC requirements for VAT and Construction Industry Scheme
Experience of an expenses function