4 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea. Due to the growth of their business we are seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join the Finance team. Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Previous accounts payable experience and above all a high level of accuracy
- Strong inter-personal skills to deal with both internal customers and external suppliers, including the ability to adapt your approach as necessary to deal with these two different audiences.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Commitment to get the job done and ability to meet deadlines
- Good team player
- A basic knowledge of double entry book-keeping is advantageous
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Prompting relevant parties to receipt goods and services in order to enable the processing of invoices
- Resolution of receipting issues and discrepancies
- Ensuring invoices match purchase orders to avoid reporting inconsistencies
- Obtaining authorisation for invoices
- Working to financial timetable and deadlines
- Ensuring suppliers are paid according to terms to avoid any potential legal letters or CCJ's etc.
- Managing the sometimes conflicting needs of various departments within the business and 3rd party suppliers
- Ensuring invoices are processed & paid in a timely manner adhering to internal procedures and agreed credit terms
- Dealing with suppliers to resolve any queries or disputes in a timely and efficient manner
- Making online bank payments and supplier BACS payment runs as required.
- Reporting in to Senior Financial Accountant but has strong links to procurement, goods inwards and project managers.
- Previous experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics AX, or a similar ERP system would be advantageous
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- All round Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Previous experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics AX would be advantageous
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.