St. Albans, Hertfordshire
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a exceptional Accounts Payable Clerk to provide additional necessary resource during a period of expansion.
As Accounts Payable Clerk - Procure to Pay you will have the following responsibilities:
* Disbursements - Manage effectively all aspects of outgoing cash for the European Geography
* Weekly supplier and employee expense payment runs
* One off payments and foreign payments from payment processing to reconciliation
* Debit balance reviews and appropriate payment categorisation.
* Internal / External Vendor Relationship Management - Respond and manage day to day communication with internal and external vendors ensuring timely resolution to queries.
* Undertake scanning activities as part of continuity planning on an adhoc basis.
* Process Improvement - Initiate process improvement and quality reviews with a primary aim being to improve cash flow and best practice.
* AP Queries effectively mediate with Internal and External client vendors with regards to queries and extended payment term issues, including petty cash management and reconciliation.
* SOX - Ensure compliance with SOX Internal Controls regime including periodic self-testing.
* Establish Service Level Agreements with Internal clients and adherence to deadlines including KPI metrics reporting.
* Computer literate with experience of relevant Office programmes such as word and excel.
* Experience in Finance and Purchase to Pay process matters.
* Experience of Oracle systems preferred but not necessary.
* Must be flexible and adapt to change.
* Good communication skills and polite telephone manner.
* Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
This is an ideal opportunity for an hardworking Accounts Payable Clerk who is keen to branch away from the traditional AP duties and is looking for a challenge in their next role. Ideally you should be able to work well in a team, confident with communication and extremely efficient.