Up to £10.88 per hour
3 months ago
Accounts Payable Assistant; Preston; £10.88 p/hr PAYE; 6 Month Contract
Our client is looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to carry out duties involved in processing activities within defined procedures and processes with some initiative for decision making.
You will be required to support the team in continuing to develop and work towards a benchmark service.
You will have experience of working in a Shared Service / Finance function performing a range of Accounts Payable activities with the ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of the Purchase to Pay process (P2P).
Your typical responsibilities and tasks
- To complete training to ensure understanding of all systems, processes and work instructions
- Sort and distribute post / emails
- Timely and accurate processing of all invoices according to relevant deadlines
- Provide a support service to other sections and departments and deal with all related queries to completion
- Carry out reconciliation activities in line with procedures
- Complete tasks delegated by team leader and/or manager
- Complete tasks as per the weekly task lists
- Filing/Archiving of all relevant documentation
- Ensure sound financial controls
- Attend surgeries/meetings as and when required
- Perform a variety of semi-routine and complex clerical duties.
You will need to be able to effectively communicate information and have the ability to resolve queries from a variety of sources. Knowledge of either Baan/SAP/Maconomy/IFS and/or invoice processing systems would be an advantage. As an Accounts Payable Assistant you will be a good team player and possess accurate keyboard skills. You will be numerate with good IT skills i.e. Excel / Word. You will have a good understanding of accounts payable processes and how they interact with other processes along with a basic understanding of key FS customers and suppliers.
You will demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the following:-
- Code of Conduct
- Knowledge, skills and competencies framework
- Behavioural competencies
- Financial Controls Framework
- Operational Framework
- Customer service
Work under limited supervision, some discretion and use of judgement and initiative. You may be required to work within any functional area.
Previous accountancy experience is required for this role.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy