£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
11 days ago
Morson (Accountancy and Finance Division) recruiting for an Accounts Payable assistant to work with our client based Yeovil, Somerset.
The primary purpose of this role is manage the weekly BACS payment runs to UK based suppliers, ensuring timely payment of cleared invoices.
Key Responsibility Areas In association with the Accounts Payable Accountant, the key accountability associated with the role are:
- Manage the day to day invoicing activities of around 350 UK based Suppliers.
- Understand and follow the companys procedures and processes for posting and clearing supplier invoices, including specific high value and/or complex accounts.
- Determine reasons why invoices do not clear for payment and try to resolve the problems blocking payment.
- Reconcile and clear suspense accounts and Accounts Payable clearing accounts posting corrections as required.
- Pursue and Persuade others areas of the business to progress their clearance procedures.
- Process regular UK supplier payments. This includes weekly BACS payments, urgent UK payments and posting of all manual payment types to the ledger.
- Manage the outsourced service provider to process, resolve issues and ensure efficient division of responsibilities.
- Review and report on aged creditor balances and work to resolve any issues.
- Communicate in a clear and effective way to both suppliers and buyers using the most suitable medium Email phone face-to-face meetings, resolving queries and providing advice as required.
- Seek ways to develop and improve cash forecasting systems and processes.
- Assist the Treasury Accountant in achieving cash forecasting monthly targets.
- Manage the purchasing card process, from downloading and analysing data, reconciling supplier cards to direct debits, report and analyse costs and resolve issues with suppliers and procurement.
- Provide cover for all other Accounts Payable employees as and when required, including Concur support, Foreign payment runs and Accounts Payable support.
- Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Be numerate and have a good level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Good Excel skills and knowledge of SAP.
- Occasional requirement to travel.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme.
Must be able to secure Security Clearence