11 days ago
A new opportunity is available for an Accounts Payable Assistant to work for a defence company. The jobholder will be responsible for assisting the business in ensuring the timely payment of invoices
Working with internal stakeholders to resolve invoice queries and ensure prompt responses and turnaround of all accounts payable invoices
- Preparing supplier statement reconciliations and working with suppliers to resolve invoice queries
- Produce regular reporting of outstanding invoices in the contracts
- Provide payment statistics in relation to the Prompt Payment Code
- Provide support to the Emergency Services contracts in resolving unmatched invoices. This will involve working with operations, Accounts Payable Shared Service Centre, procurement, and suppliers.
- Managing the function in line with the Group's corporate governance policies, processes and procedures
- Protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Demonstrate through your behaviour and interactions the principles
Key Skills / competencies
- Good MS Excel skills
- Good MS Word & MS PowerPoint skills.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders/teams and suppliers
Key Behaviours & Attributes
- Strong organisational skills required and ability to work under pressure achieving quality output and deadlines
- Effective team member and individual contributor
- High level thinking and attention to detail - Knowing when & where to remain at a high level, and when to drill into detail.
- Self-driven and confident to take ownership of key areas for improvement
- Able to work closely with non-finance staff to obtain information to complete tasks
- Previous accounts payable experience
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of Navision and Tranman an advantage
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control; Word; Excel; Navision; Tranman