£9.00 - £15.00 per hour
4 months ago
An Accounts Payable Assistant is required to wok for a defence company, the jobholder will be responsible for assisting the business in ensuring the timely payment of invoices
Duties will involve;
- Provide regular reporting of outstanding invoices in the contracts
- Provide payment statistics in relation to the Prompt Payment Code
- Provide support to the Emergency Services contracts in resolving unmatched invoices. This will involve working with operations, Accounts Payable Shared Service Centre, procurement, and suppliers
-Ensure the function works in line with the Group's corporate governance policies, processes and procedures
- Protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Work in accordance with company behaviours
The successful candidate will have good MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills and will have experience working with internal stakeholders/teams and suppliers. Strong organisational skills are required along with the ability to work under pressure achieving quality output and deadlines You will be an effective team member and individual contributor. You will have good attention to detail, be self-driven and confident to take ownership of key areas for improvement. You will be able to work closely with non-finance staff to obtain information to complete tasks.
The successful candidate will have previous accounts payable experience. Experience of using Navision or Tranman would be an advantage. You will also be required to deal with internal and external stakeholders.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control; Word; Excel; Navision; Tranman