Leeds, West Yorkshire
£10.54 - £11.89 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
22 days ago
Our client who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales are currently looking for a Accounts Payable Assistant, to be based at their Leeds office for an initial 9 month contract.
The main purpose of the role is to Comply with all Accounts Payable processes in an efficient, effective manner and in accordance with agreed SLAs.
This involves compliance to quality management system (QMS) and control measures to ensure correct outputs are achieved while maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
Contributing to any improvements and changes as may be necessary. Meet cyclical financial deadlines. This involves meeting month end deadlines to ensure all costs are posted correctly to ledgers at month end and year end. Investigating any transactions that have not progressed and highlight with appropriate business area.
The job holder must demonstrate communication skills in order to convey the importance of the clients procedures and the rationale behind them.
Resolve queries from customers & suppliers.
This involves communicating with other parties to ensure payments to suppliers are not unnecessarily delayed or outside contractual agreements that exist
Job holder must have skills to process invoices, expenses to agreed procedures. Key business user of SAP MM module.
Testing yearly system updates
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Educated to GCSE level including Maths & English
- Experience of Accounts Payable
- Communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and professionally
- Experience of operating to a certified quality management system
- Ability to understand and implement organisational policies
- Experience in SAP skills particularly within the Purchasing (MM) SRM
- Confident in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software