Up to £11.49 per hour
6 months ago
A new opportunity has come available for an Accounts Payable Administrator. You will be reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager to ensure accurate supplier payments are sent out to agreed terms
- To assist the Accounts Payable Manager as required
- Responsible for assisting with opening and processing of mail
- Ensure Group mailbox is maintained daily to facilitate timely invoice input
- Ensure accurate processing of all supplier invoices on the day of receipts
- Swift distribution and chasing of all queries relating to supplier invoices to ensure payment to terms
- Responsible for reconciliation of all assigned supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare documents for scanning as required
- Assist with the preparation of the weekly payment runs
- Responsible for monitoring and chasing receipt of purchase orders to ensure invoices are matched as soon as receipted
- Complete all filing on a daily basis and maintain a clear desk policy
- Any ad hoc duties required by the finance department
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years accounts payable experience
- Good level of excel
- ERP system experience essential
- AAT studier preferred
Skills Profile / Other Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communicator
- Enthusiastic and hard-working
- Keen to progress
Behavioural and Leadership Competency Profile
- Strives for excellence in all actions.
- Focuses on the delivery of results.
- Manages time effectively.
- Accepts responsibility for personal actions, behaviours and choices.
Leading Innovation and Change:
- Demonstrates a willingness to adjust ideas or perceptions based on changing demands and conditions
- Accepts the need for flexibility
- Is open-minded in trying new ideas
- Listens to other people's points of view.
- Reviews current working practices to improve quality and efficiency.
Leading People and Teams:
- Willingly cooperates and puts in extra effort when needed to help others.
- Seeks input from others when making decisions.
- Behaves professionally and consistently towards all team members, regardless of sex, race, gender or age.
- Seeks feedback on own performance, taking action where necessary.
- Communicates in a clear and consistent manner.
Leading Customer Focus:
- Recognises the importance of the customer to the business.
- Provides prompt, efficient and personal assistance in meeting customer requirements.
- Treats all customers with respect and responds to them in a pleasant and friendly way.
- Maintains personal composure when faced with difficult behaviour.
- Actively contributes to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination and fair to everyone.
- Seeks to understand other's viewpoints.
- Sets a positive example of behaviour to others.
- Ensures that 100% of own behaviour is safe. Takes action to ensure the safety of others.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy
Accounts assistant; accounts pable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control