Up to £15.00 per hour
3 months ago
We are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant wo work for a defence company within a UK Finance team during a period of on-going significant change, growth and development. The company has recently implemented a new ERP management and reporting system and part of this role will be to support and help identify changes in day to day financial accounting processes to maximise efficiencies for the function whilst the core role of supporting relevant day to day activities of the function remains.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant the role will involve supporting the finance team in challenging of all core financial accounting processes/activities to maximise efficiencies of the new ERP system. You will support the Financial Accountant in identification of improvement and follow through of actions to achieve improvements. As an Accounts Assistant you will be flexible and provide support across the finance team including but not limited to: sales invoicing, bid code/asset code creation, VAT return preparation, EC sales, Intrastat, cash-book management, National Statistics reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, audit support
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and be able to prioritise work and meet deadlines.Trustworthiness and respect for confidential information is required. You will have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team with the drive to improve efficiency and financial performance. You will be open minded and thrive on challenge. You will be prepared to multi-task and work flexibly to achieve all deadlines whilst maintaining good communication with all parties. Strong Excel skills are essential along with high levels of accuracy and excellent analytical skills to be able to take any potential changes forward. Some basic awareness/experience of VAT is useful. Experience of Microsoft Dynamix AX would be an advantage.
- Meeting month end and year end deadlines for all key responsibilities across the team (e.g. sales invoicing/cash book processing)
- Ensuring all statutory obligations are met including completion of National Statistics Forms within the required deadlines
- Supporting the finance team with cover for day to day activities while other team members are on leave as appropriate only
- High level of accuracy and methodical approach, well organised with strong attention to detail.
- Working closely with finance team and other teams as appropriate to support achievement of efficiencies following implementation of ERP.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
The role is a 6 month temp contract based in Winfrith.