Up to £9.00 per hour
17 days ago
28th August 20
Would you like to build finance experience in a large and complex organisation and while providing a service to the Head Office environment? We currently have a vacancy for an Accounts Assistant. As an Accounts Assistant, you will be able to gain finance exposure to large company processes but within a smaller Head Office environment. This role will work closely with the head office finance team; paying invoices and recharging costs, reconciliations, provide transactional processing and liaison with other parts of BAE Systems.
- To provide a high-quality accounting service to Head Office Functions.
- Ensure compliance with the Financial Policies.
- Reconciliations of nominal accounts.
- Deal with internal and external customer queries.
- Expense processing including audit and expense queries.
- Produce spend reports.
- Process one off payment requests.
- Process bank guarantee payments and recharge business groups.
- Post cashbook transactions and reconcile bank accounts.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- A good level of numeracy and literacy (typically GSCE in maths and English or equivalent)
- AAT qualification desirable but not essential.
- Exposure to finance activity in some form; ideally purchase accounting and/or expenses experience.
- Demonstrable experience of managing your own workload, dealing with competing activities and discharging the activities in a timely manner
- Good Excel skill set
- Experience of dealing with challenging/conflict situations
- The Head Office accounting system UNIT4 Dream experience would be desirable
- Previous experience of using Concur Expenses or similar expenses systems would be beneficial to the role
What we're looking for in you:
You will be collaborative and use a degree of empathy with business users. You should be able to explain requirements clearly and communicate effectively.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control; Excel