6 months ago
We are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to work for a large aerospace company; the role reports to the Financial Accountant and focuses on supporting and reporting of activities involved in Financial Accounting to Group and Divisional requirements. The role also supports the Senior Management Accountant. As part of a small team the individual will have the opportunity to develop and progress and be exposed to the business as a whole.
Duties will involve;
- Assist with the delivery of a range of month end close activities on time and to a high standard of accuracy
- Preparation of daily and weekly KPI reports for senior management review
- Preparation of weekly bank reconciliations for review by the Financial Accountant
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Fixed Asset accounting and reporting
- Review employee expenses and process reimbursements
- Entry and processing of journals and updating the monthly journal log
- Collate and prepare files for monthly internal control review
- Assist with monthly submission of actuals and forecasts to Group systems
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting requirements as required to agreed deadlines
- Contribute fully to Continuous Improvement for all Finance Activities
- Engage and develop strong relationships with Key Stakeholders
- Assisting with systems development projects including sales invoicing, improving quality of data in the scrap process, improving the usefulness of financial statements in SAP, developing BW reports and implementing best practice from Filton (sister site)
- Production of KPI data - GOLD scorecard, monthly scrap reporting & sales analysis
- Assist the Financial Accountant, Project Accountants and the Financial Controller with any other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of basic accounting procedures. You will be studying towards an accounting qualification (AAT or equivalent) and have an excellent standard of computer literacy, particularly in using Microsoft Excel
Experience with accounting systems (SAP) and experience with bookkeeping practices would be an advantage. Knowledge of accounting terminology would also be an advantage.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.