City of London, London
£28000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
13 days ago
Low Carbon Contracts Company
Morson International (Accountancy and Finance Division) is assisting our client with their recruitment to the position of Accounts Analyst (reporting into the Financial Controller). The role is based just off Blackfriars Bridge, rail station, London.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for administering the Accounts Payable and to ensure that all payments made by or on behalf of the company are properly accounted for.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
* Administer the accounts payable and operational costs including:
* Entry of invoices into Epicor, ensuring that the invoices have a valid purchase order (PO)
* Assist budget holders with PO preparation and complying with the companies' Procurement Policy'
* Prepare weekly payment runs for suppliers
* Monthly review of the accounts payable balances. Bank reconciliations of the bank accounts
* Ensure invoices and receipts recorded in the outsourced accounts receivable systems are reconciled to movements in bank accounts and Epicor
* Contribute to the month end journal process
* Maintaining the Fixed Asset register
* Prepare payroll journal and related Balance sheet reconciliations.
* To produce forms, reports and monthly reconciliations as required by the Reporting and Planning Manager
* Contribute to the development and improvement of the companies' accounting system and procedures
* Provide input into the monthly cash forecast on payments
* Provide support for Senior Finance Analyst in Management reporting such as Costs Centre Reporting.
* Provide support for Senior Settlement Analyst in managing settlement activities.
Skills/Experience Required for the Role:
* AAT or part qualified, starting to study towards qualifying
* Experience working in a finance role including:
* Accounts Payable: invoice entry, payments, month-end reporting and purchase orders
* Preparation of balance sheet and bank reconciliations
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and good user experience of ERP software
* Experience of dealing with outsourcing providers and/or interfaces with other systems would be desirable
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills essential
* Ability to establish relationships with a range of people to support delivery of business outcomes
* Willing to be flexible
* Produce work on a timely basis while maintaining quality