£55000.00 - £55200.00 per annum
5 months ago
Morson International Accounting and Finance Division is recruiting for an Accounting Systems Manager, position based in Yeovil Somerset/
Your main activities will include:
As Accounting Systems Manager your primary role is to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the source accounting data to support Statutory Financial Reporting in meeting our tax obligations, Management accounting, reporting and audit requirements both internal and external including Law 262
Your main activities will include, but not be limited to:
* Ensure that there are effective Accounting systems and processes in place to support the discharge of new business opportunities
* Manage the introduction of agreed Accounting system and procedural changes within the Finance directorate
* Ensure the structure of the Expenses system reflects the controls included within the various HR policies relating to expenses. Also ensuring the system complies with the current legislation issued by HMRC.
* Ensure that the Microgen BACS system is set up to provide the appropriate access to users to facilitate routine payments to suppliers and employees.
* Maintain control over the Barclays.net system that provides secure on-line banking access to all of our Bank Accounts.
* Fulfil the role of Departmental Security Controller, forming the link between ICT and AFC on all matters relating to Computer security.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* The jobholder is expected to hold a recognised qualification reflecting membership of one of the major professional accountancy bodies. Alternatively, the jobholder can be considered as qualified by experience with significant experience operating in a similar role within an organisation of comparable size.
* Must be self-motivated and capable of managing multiple concurrent tasks with a high degree of autonomy.
* Must be an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
* Must be capable of using specialist accounting knowledge to influence others within multi-functional teams.
* Must have proven systems analysis skills
* Must have experience of working with integrated business management systems.
* A good understanding of the principles of SAP ECC6 or an equivalent integrated ERP system would be advantageous.
* A detailed knowledge of the SAP Accounting function would be advantageous.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
This role may also require the successful candidate to hold full UK MoD Security Clearance.