US$40.00 - US$52.00 per hour
3 months ago
The Accounting Manager plays a critical role as part of the finance area to conduct business consistent with The Clients principles while creating and executing initiatives that support the strategic direction of the Company. Reporting directly into the Finance Director, Americas, this role will lead and develop an internal team to support internal and external stakeholders. We look for this position to utilize leadership, decision-making, and analytical skills to create and promote an "own it" environment where employees are engaged, empowered and committed to being a part of a team that delivers quality and timely results. This role will also play a critical part in the development of continuous improvement and metric-centered culture in the Finance organization.
Essential/Key Areas of Responsibility
* Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports and schedules in accordance with international finance al reporting standards (IFRS) and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), for internal and external stakeholders.
* Serve as lead in the month-end closing and financial reporting process, including preparation of journal entries and maintenance of the financial tracker/closing calendar.
* Escalation point for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Travel Expense Management, Purchasing, and General Ledger.
* Develop methods and criteria for measuring and summarizing data for complex analyses support the development and management of KPI/metrics, benchmarks, working capital, and procure-to-pay.
* Maintain and review various system reconciliations between source systems and financial and operational reporting processes, and maintain accurate and complete supporting documentation.
* Become ERP Department Lead, develop "best of practice" workflow of accounting department/company processes, including the development of operational procedure and documentation of data flow for ERP and related financial systems.
* Assist in maintenance of Finance's master data, business policies and accounting practices updates policies and procedures in accordance to Chorus standards.
* Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
* Responsible for State Tax process, including maintenance of Tax system. Review of The Client's USA annual federal tax and property tax returns.
* Responsible for Fixed Asset and Prepaid Asset management, including the recording, depreciation/amortization, and disposal.
* Lead the year-end external and annual internal audits and raise issues to the Finance Director as needed.
* Assist the Finance Director with process improvements initiatives as needed, including leading and managing special projects that may necessitate cross-functional partnerships.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities reading professional publications maintaining personal networks participating in professional organizations.
Technical Knowledge/Skills & Experience Required
* 5+ years of accounting experience.
* Five years' experience in a managerial role in the accounting department.
* Progressive leadership and supervisory experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively discuss financial data and related analysis.
* In-depth knowledge of an enterprise accounting program SAP a plus.
* Knowledge of Excel data mining and data presentation skills a plus.
* Possess outstanding planning abilities and decision-making ability.
Demonstrates the Clients Values:
* Focus on Customers
* Perform through teaming
* Innovate, decide and act quickly
* Develop our people
* Proactive - Develops practical solutions, takes ownership, has a 'can do rather than 'won't do' approach
* Technically curious - Regards technology problems as challenges
* Teamwork - Connected to the business, communicates openly, shares information and knowledge, networks internally and externally, persuades rather than pushes, involves colleagues, respects colleagues
* Creative - Connects the technical dots with the goal of building customer value
* Responsive - Always reacts quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests, issues, e-mails or other events in a timely and flexible fashion.