25 days holiday + 8 stats
20 days ago
Morson Group (Accountancy and Finance Division) is assisting our client with their recruitment for a talented Accountant to join their UK team based at in Yeovil (Somerset) in the South West of England.
As Accountant you will provide support to the functions in support of new capital applications ensuring Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of return (IRR) and payback calculations are provided if appropriate.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Work as a financial point of contact for the business functional teams and provide support and advice to functional teams as needed.
* Exert financial control of the functions, through appropriate use of K.P.I.s
* Achieve timely delivery of reporting and analysis to the shareholders. Provide clear explanation and variance analysis of tasks as necessary.
* Achieve month end deadlines including posting of depreciation, reconciliations, reporting to local senior management.
* Ensure SAP maintenance is supported in order to maintain month end integrity.
* Support and implement the introduction of new processes and procedures as required and support ad hoc requests from the Financial Controller as required.
* Liaise with Accenture in the processing of Operational tasks and maximise the use of this resource to support the financial month end.
* Ensure the monthly production of reporting on spend and authorisations.
* Provide accurate financial information for monitoring Functional performance as requested.
* Where appropriate, provide data to support cost/ benefit analysis and monitoring of Improvement Initiatives and capital spend.
* Ensure all tasks are completed in line with team deadlines, in support of the reporting timetable.
* Assist Functions with queries and advice, providing clear and concise data as needed.
* Ensure awareness of the wider objectives of the Finance department and make sure all tasks are focused on timely support of the team.
* Provide support and advice to the functional departments
* Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently using the minimum amount of manual processing to achieve the result required by the business, making the best use of SAP and BI functionality and ensure processes within the area make efficient use of SAP and BI.
* Ensure Functions make efficient use of SAP and B.I. so that they can use the IT systems to access their information on performance and costs.
* Critically evaluate and provide key data against KPIs and regular reports in line with business needs.
* Support the team in educating and helping budget holders acquire knowledge and skills to understand financial processes, budgets and deliverables. Reinforce budget ownership and support their understanding of actuals and forecast commitments.
* Work flexibly within the team and other functions to facilitate and encourage a productive working environment.
* Work with the functions providing training where necessary in operating the Capital system.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Qualified/ Part qualified accountant/AAT.
* Some relevant experience (manufacturing/engineering).
* Attention to detail.
* Focused on output, and meeting team deadlines.
* Works on own initiative.
* Able to communicate ideas both verbally and written.
* IT literate with good excel skills.
* Clear communicator to both finance and non-finance staff. Good influencing skills.
* Team player.
* Professional and flexible working manner.
* Maintains a reliable and consistent approach to team and business objectives.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. We are not a Tier 2 Visa sponsoring Company. This role may also require the successful candidate to hold full UK MoD Security Clearance.