Up to £16.97 per hour
about 1 month ago
A new opportunity is now available for an Accountant Assistant to join a large Aerospace and Defence company; BAE Systems. You will be required to provide financial accounting support to the business.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role.
The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
To support the financial operational team with transactional services for Europe & International business unit sales ledger activities. Supporting the Senior Accountant with other ad hoc transactional work.
Does not need to be a qualified accountant, experience with INFOR LN advantageous but not necessary. Would prefer someone who is able to understand and co-ordinate simple to complex accounts receivable transactions. Full training will be provided. Team player preferred.
The candidate must be good with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
Communication, Team working, and Motivation are essential
Operational / Transactional:
- Processing CAS claims & invoice transactions for Accounts Receivable.
- Ensuring all transactions are processed in a timely manner respecting period end cut offs and other key dates (ie EF call for funds deadlines etc)
- Advising Project Accounting teams on Accounts Receivable issues and actions
- Providing reports to support monthly transactions & impacts on various Projects withing E&I
- Supporting Financial Accounting Reporting & Controls team with Debtors reviews through regular provision of information and SME support to sessions
Reconciliation & Control:
- Completing Accounts Receivable input to weekly cash forecast for review with Financial Controller & submission to Treasury
- Ensuring policies, procedures & work instructions for area of responsibility are topical, fit for purpose and reviewed on an ongoing basis
- Compliance with COSA and support to internal and external audits where required
- Implementing process changes / changes in working practices identified by Financial Accounting Reporting & Controls team where required
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control