Up to £250 per day
Vital Bristol Technology
4 months ago
Our client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups and they are looking for an accountant to be based at London Barbican.
- To ensure timely and accurate production of monthly / quarterly / annual financial information and maintaining financial control of the Development OU's projects whilst complying with internal, international and UK accounting policies.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing timely monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations in line with the requirements of the Development OU & Group Finance
- Ensure the accounts are accurate, relevant, and in accordance with internal, international and UK accounting policies
- Reporting through the Finance function, exercise appropriate governance to safeguard financial position
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts for all the Development entities
- Provide the year end statutory information to Group Finance
- Manage the year end audit process
Day-to-day accounts preparation
- Daily cashbook postings and web forecasting
- Responsible for purchase ledger and subcontractor payment process
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage intercompany re-charges
- Provide assistance to the FBP with the forecast process to the point of preparing the forecast numbers ready for review.
- PSA Returns
- Adhoc analysis as requested
- Ensuring the integrity of the accounting system and processes including reconciliation of control accounts records and Balance Sheets
- OU representative regarding accounting systems development
Experience Skills and Experience
- Part Qualified / Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills including working knowledge of formulae
- Strong knowledge and ability to pick up accounting and general ledger systems (iCON and HFM desirable)
- Knowledge of international accounting policies specifically related to real estate
Competencies and Attributes:
- Have a keen interest in development and real estate
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills at all levels
- Adherence to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative under pressure
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- To provide a high level of administrative support at all times to colleagues and management
- Front of house - Being of smart and friendly appearance. You will be meeting & greeting visitors and on occasion escorting them through the office.
- Induction - Help with the smooth running of the induction process (currently Mon & Wed) weekly.
- Setting up and monitoring new employees on our security screening system
- PPE - monitor PPE room, ensuring fully stocked and tidy at all times.
- General administration assistance for Security Manager, Security team & Office Manager.
- Educated to secondary school level - 5 GCSE's grades A-C
- IT literate - Knowledge of databases and Microsoft excel and word
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills in MS Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and have high attention to detail
- Willingness to Learn
- Good positive attitude
Please note this is a contract position until mid December 2018
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly