Up to £25.00 per hour
27 days ago
Our client is looking for an Accountant to work on a contract for around 12 months, based in Rosyth. The rate is to be discussed dependant on specific experience required by the client, mainly being able to deal with cash and treasury, cash book and foreign currency.
Working under close guidance and supervision, maintaining various company accounting records and assist more senior accountants in providing timely data and reports to senior management.
Key responsibilities include;
* Manage the company's sterling and foreign currency cash books in close communication with the company's banking establishments. Ensure all transactions are accurately posted to the general ledger in a timely manner.
* Add and remove any additional management at authorisation level in lines with Group Procedures and delegated authority.
* Arrange, monitor and provide governance over the foreign exchange arrangements for the business including liaising with Group Treasury and external financial institutions. Prepare and submit monthly exposure reconciliations.
* Agree all bank balances and carry out bank reconciliations where appropriate.
* Complete the weekly short term cash forecast and submit for consolidation, along with commentary and variance analysis.
* Be responsible for and oversee the accuracy, reliability and consistency of financial data within the sales, purchase and general ledgers and assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts in accordance with company procedures and timetable.
* Assist in preparation of financial forecasts and budgets from a cash perspective.
* Input the monthly actual results into BPC together with the quarterly forecast and annual budget as appropriate.
* Carry out month end cut off procedures to ensure sales invoicing is complete and accurate. Produce month end aged Debtor reports and reconcile sales ledger movements.
* Produce and reconcile purchase ledger movements. Send yearly spend to Procurement Manager.
* Ensure the accuracy of the sales day book and ensure that all late payments are investigated and raised with relevant Project Manager.
* Liaise with Procurement and ensure all invoices are approved in a timely manner chasing any overdue invoices.
* Working with the Projects Department, request Bonds and Guarantees in accordance with contract terms and conditions. Maintain a Bonds register which is reported quarterly to Group. Accrue any Bond charges each month for the life of the Guarantee.
* Create weekly payments for authorisation using the company's electronic banking system, ensuring that the Prompt Payment Code is maintained whenever possible. Liaise with suppliers regarding invoice queries and payment schedules. Maintain the company's electronic banking system for new and amended payment templates as and when required.
* Assist in the completion of the monthly Management accounts. Posting Journals at month end for Accruals and Prepayments for any overheads, Agency accruals, Post Salaries, Pension Journals. After Month End Rates received revalue all Cash, Creditors, Debtors and post relevant journals.
* Be responsible for completing the company's VAT return and assist with taxation matters. Complete Quarterly EC Sales List.
* Maintain the company's Fixed Assets register and update for all additions and disposals. Post depreciation journals to the nominal ledger in accordance with Group policies.
* Complete ECITB annual return.
* Complete Quarterly National Statistics for Revenue, Cost of Sales and Recoveries.
* Maintain and post journals for Petty Cash, IOU and Visa expenses.
* Ensure Sun Accounts is in correct reporting period and if any WIP code or Item code is added these are within the SUN rule codes.
* Carry out adhoc reporting from Sun Accounts.
* Provide timely and accurate financial information to other departments within the company as and when required.
* Actively seek opportunities, where possible, to improve the profitability of the business, reduce overheads and maximise cash flow.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This position could also be undertaken by an experienced accounting technician potentially studying for a professional qualification, providing analytical, procedural and technical support to a staff or line accounting function.
Duties are similar to those of an accountant, but at this level will be following established procedures or working under the close supervision of a more experienced accountant.
Requires excellent numeracy, investigation and financial problem solving skills
Performs financial analysis
Reports on financial status, e.g. cash, budget, trends
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy