Our client a leading oil and gas operator is looking for an accountant to join their team on a temporary 3 month contract until September.
The role is responsible for preparing accurate month end accounts in Gross GBP, preparing partner reporting and issuing billings for recovery of partner share of costs. The JV accountant will ensure costs are accounted for correctly and charged to JV partners in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance to the relevant JOAs. The JV Accountant acts as a key focal point for JV partners and is responsible for billings, resolving queries, partner budget approval etc.
The JVA & Reporting Lead will also manage the reporting in Gross GBP costs to the COO and asset teams to provide an overview of the operational performance of the assets.
* Key focal point for JV partners in resolving queries, partner budget approval etc
* Attend Partner OCMs and TCMs as required, delivering Finance messages and responding to Finance questions
* Responsible for issuing billings and resolving late payment queries
* Support the Business Planning and Reforecast process through data collection, analysis and preparation of presentation material
* Develop and foster close working relationship with the our clients, Tax, Treasury, Commercial and Business Planning teams
* Assist Field Managers and their teams to deliver the annual Work plan and budget, annual partner budgets and quarterly re-forecast submissions. Highlight any issues from a financial perspective to Management prior to submission to UK Planning and partners
* Provide input to COO monthly presentations for the Asset team on Production, Opex, Capex and Free Cash Flow plus performance against budget/plan and re-forecast
* Month end reporting requirements
* Represent our client in Opcom meetings
* Creation of Annual Work Plan and Budget, Reforecast, Life of Field Plan and annual partner budgets with input from cost control and optimisation team to reflect functional plans. Provide oversight, review and assurance during the preparation of the financial (opex and capex) and production
* Prepare accurate month end accounts
* Understanding the actuals compared to forecast/budget with reporting of variance analysis for key measures through PRS commentary
* Prepare and issue Joint Venture monthly partner billings and ensuring timely receipt of cash call / invoice funds from partners.
* Perform review and control procedures, ensuring appropriate and accurate operational shared cost allocations are aligned with JOA obligations
* Monthly review and update of forecasts in SAP Analytics Cloud
* Review and update of month end costs not managed within the cost optimisation team i.e studies, production operations, licence costs et.
* Review and post journals to record tariff, transportation costs and any cost shares correctly
* Assist with the Joint Venture external audit and work to resolve audit findings in a timely manner
* Preparation of JV partner reports and facilitation of partner budget and AFE approvals
* Representative at OCM meetings
* Key reconciliations for area of responsibility including accrual reviews
* Ensure compliance with our clients Capital Governance process and policies as prescribed in Joint Operating Agreements
* Preparation of Finance slides for the Monthly COO pack
* Preparation of Early Warning Report
* PRT support for tax team
* Update and submission of Indeva template for budget and reforecast purposes
* Preparation of gross to net reconciliations
Education Attainment & Accreditation
* Qualified accountant or experienced accountant with oil and gas industry experience in a financial/commercial environment
(SAP experience needed)
Professional Skills & Experience
* Experience in an oil and gas environment strongly preferred
* Strong aptitude for numbers and analysis combined with strong excel skills
* Strong PowerPoint and effective presentation skills
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
* Positive Attitude
* Drive / Motivation
* Embraces Change and Continual Improvement
* Actively demonstrates our clients core values of Leadership, Excellence, Accountability and Positivity
I & D Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer, aiming to recruit, retain and develop our people based on merit. Recognising the value of a diverse workforce, all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.