Up to £0.00 per annum + TBC
2 months ago
Our client, Scottish Power are looking to recruit a fully qualified Margins Accountant on a contract basis initially for 12 months, they would be looking for the candidate to start early May based in Glasgow (role will initially be based from home).
* Manage the process of accurate, timely and robust management reporting information for Retail Margins (KPIs, Executive Summary, Detailed Commentaries, other ad hoc outputs)
* Review and challenge, ensuring consistency of messaging for Reported results and highlighting areas for development, further review or challenge to the business
* Responsible for the production of Margins input and analysis on the statutory accounts process for all relevant SAP Companies, ensuring that published results are accurate and fully understood, and highlighting any areas for improvement
* Responsible for the provision of accurate, timely and robust information on Retail margins based on Group Accounting Standards to meet specified deadlines
* Prepare analysis and supporting documentation for External Audit in line with the Client Assistance Schedule such that Management Letter points and financial adjustments are minimised
* Responsible for the monthly routines within the Integrated Margins Accounting System (IMAS)
* Ensure that the structure of the IMAS and general ledger (SAP) are reviewed and maintained to reflect any potential changes in reporting, new products/commodities and any other requirements.
* Assessment of new activities and products which could impact on Retail margins, and ensure that adequate controls, and finance procedures and processes are in place.
* Interpret all mandatory regulatory/accounting requirements (from UK and Europe, OFGEM/CMA) that apply to Retail margins, in order to develop and implement procedures, reporting and compliance in accordance with those regulations
* Ensure IT environment continues to meet financial and regulatory requirements in the most efficient fashion
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Pro-active person who anticipates issues and problems and puts in place effective strategies to manage these.
* Excellent oral and written communication and in particular the ability to communicate financial concepts/issues to non-finance managers
* Computer literacy, including spreadsheet skills and ledger posting
* An interest in financial systems (no experience of IMAS required)
* Delivery focus and high level of resilience to deal with the changing demands and time-pressures of the role
* Ability to work as part of a team to ensure that the Control function is fully integrated
* Ability to prioritise work and deliver accurately under acute time pressures for both themselves and their team
* Self-starter, ability to identify and execute process improvement opportunities
* Qualified accountant
* High level of commercial awareness with a good understanding of SPW markets
* Confidence, ability and presence to constructively challenge at all levels
* Sound judgement and professional decision-making ability
* SAP Experience (Desirable but not mandatory)