Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£300.00 - £350.00 per day
9 months ago
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment on behalf of Manchester Airports Group (MAG)
MAG Finance Team are currently recruiting for a Transactional Accountant to join them on an interim basis for 2-3 months.
This role is responsible for leading all Financial & Management Accounting activity for their US based business ensuring that not only accurate, and technically robust, managements accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels, but also become the linking pin between Finance and the US based partners.
- Supporting the month end close process, ensuring that ledgers are closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of the US accounts with financial accountability for other revenue, costs or Capex (numbers in facts and figures).
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
- Assisting with delivery of service levels and supporting KPIs as set by Group to internal and external customers.
- Providing US accounts and supporting the CEO and Finance Business Partner of the US business.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting the Senior R2R Accountant in delivery of SLAs across Finance relevant to the US business.
- Interacting with transactional teams to provide feedback on issues and areas of continuous improvement.
- Working towards and feeding into a continual improvement mindset within the wider group finance team.
- Help developing the wider group finance team and managing internal and external relationships.
- Developing necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company's business.
As an ideal candidate for this role of Interim R2R Accountant you should be skilled accountant with significant experience of working independently within a multi-stakeholder environment.
You should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and have a proven track record of achieving results in a dynamic and developing setting.
As a strong candidate, you should be able to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
Preferably, you should have experience of SAP or similar ERP systems, along with intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
Furthermore, you should have the ability to engage stakeholders and colleagues effectively to ensure processes are executed consistently and complied with.
Experience of managing change in a dynamic and fast paced environment is desirable for this role.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community