Manchester, Greater Manchester
bonus, car, healthcare
12 months ago
UK Account Manager
Competitive salary plus private health care, contributory pension scheme, car/allowance, discretionary bonus
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location: Manchester (M17 1PA)
Cargill's Manchester plant is a production facility at the hub of the UK food, spirit, pharmaceutical, chemical and cosmetics industries. The plant and offices located in Manchester are part of the Cargill starches and sweeteners business which produces sweeteners, wheat protein and alcohol for customers in the confectionery, brewing, drink, dairy, farming and bakery sectors.
The role will be responsible for building successful customer relationships and insight with customers across the Cargill starches, sweeteners and texturisers product portfolio. The role will be responsible for reaching margin and volume targets and establishing growth with customers through innovation.
* Build strong, long lasting relationships with customers through visits, creating customer account plans and working to create value for the customer
* Actively look for and identify new customers and convert these prospects into customers
* With the Sales Director, set the sales budget and plan for continuous, sustainable growth and achieve volume targets
* Accountable for managing all steps in the sales process ; Starting with pre-contract discussion on terms & conditions, negotiation, conclusion of sales, through to payment of the contract
* Due to business requirements extensive travel will be required (30% or more of the time)
* A Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject and or extensive practical experience in a B2B sales environment
* Experience in the sale of multiple products/ product lines in a complex environment is advantageous
* Experience in the Food Additives and Ingredients sector, with a focus on Texturizers and Sweeteners is strongly preferred but other Food Ingredients/ Additives commercial experience will be considered
* A collaborative approach to customer relationships, able to act as a 'solutions partner' and add value to customers
* A proven track record of sales growth with a focus on value creation
* Technical understanding of Food Ingredients would be a plus
* Able to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
* Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems
* Excellent time management is essential in this position
* Fluent English (both verbal and written) and excellent communication skills
* The role will have travel involved to go to customer locations (minimum 30%) of the time, therefore flexibility to meet business needs is required
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://www.cargill.com/careers/global-inclusion-and-diversity
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.
Anne Oxton is the consultant managing this role and can be contacted on 0161 707 1516 or