Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Rail Technical Team
13 days ago
Morson International is recruiting for an Access Planning Manager based in Manchester working for a large Rail client.
This role is to Optimise Possession and Access Planning (external = "Access" and internal = "Possession") and Optimise Maintenance Scheduling.
You will have knowledge of the following:
- Scheduling techniques
- Permit to Work systems
- Safe working practices and site management
- Possession planning systems
- Knowledge of regulatory framework for rail and light rail.
- Experience of railway environment and working practices or other large infrastructure network
- Planning and implementing a range of Safe Systems of Works within an operational infrastructure system
- Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (Agility is a bonus)
- Production of high quality company documentation e.g. procedures, forms, reports etc.
- Adapting, improving and designing site access procedures
- leadership and implementing change
- designing and implementation of new processes
- using scheduling software
- taking part in complex and political discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- interfacing between engineering and operational functions
- Operating within an environment of competing demands from a variety of stakeholders
- Planning and ensuring implementation of appropriate Safe Systems of Work
- Reduce LTIs through implementing a late change freeze for both site work and 3rd party site works
- Ensure safety is at the forefront of all decisions and actions
- Lead the development and implementation of the systems within the Planning Team.
- Visualise the Annual Maintenance Plan in the Vis Room
- Quarterly review and optimisation of the Annual Maintenance Plan
- 13 week "lookahead" maintenance schedule
- Shift utilisation analyses
- Quarterly Review and optimisation of the schedule
- Comms plan for communicating changes to the schedule
- Design and implement Access Planning Procedure
- Review Engineering Nights Schedule
- Implement Web-based Possession Planning system
- Design and implement Access Permit Procedure including PICOP strategy
- Design and implement external access request procedure
- Continually review effectiveness of Access and Possession Planning System and implement improvements as needed