New Malden, Surrey
Up to £44.50 per hour
6 days ago
Contribute development of the acceptance methodology and progressive engineering assurance and acceptance of requirements for multiple SI platforms. This includes acceptance both between BAE Systems and its suppliers and between BAE Systems and the MOD.
- FAT and FQT plans and schedules
- Minutes and TRR documents
- Conducting FAT and FQT Events
- Continuity of approach for Acceptance Events across platforms.
- VCRI and DOORS updates
May be required to work in Broad Oak and Portsdown Technology Park for short periods.
Tasks & Activities:
1.Update & Maintain the SI Acceptance Plans and process - looking for a common approach across SI product
2.Plan, Prepare and execute Formal Qualification Test (FQT) events, both dry-runs and formal event.
3.Plan, Prepare and execute Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) events: FAT(E), FAT(S) and FAT(Sys), Sub-Contractor Acceptance events.
4.Support the Maintenance of evidence in the VRCI, building up progressive test evidence towards FATs.
5.Track, evidence and encourage test completion progress from the Engineering Team
6.Act as a point of contact with the customer and manage recording of test readiness reviews, FQT/FAT wash-ups and general test event details.
7.Supervise FQT/FAT testing, organise personnel and day-by-day activities
8.Production and reporting of Metrics as required
- Used to working in an Acceptance environment to undertake the full set of acceptance related activities.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written style.
- Understanding of capabilities already available within the business and other domains.
- Some knowledge of appropriate engineering development methodologies and strategies.
- Good understanding of the equipment's and engineering processes used on the large-scale systems integration programmes.
- Prior use of the DOORS applications.
- Understanding of the need to capture and maintain data generated for use by the project and the tools and techniques so used.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.