Up to £26.00 per hour
5 months ago
A400M Safety & Compliance Engineer
An excellent opportunity exists for an A400M Safety, Compliance and Quality Engineer. You will be responsible for implementing the company safety, compliance and quality management systems, and will report to the Head of Safety, Compliance and Quality, under the terms of the company's accreditation by the UK Military Aviation Authority (MAA), in particular MRP Part 145.
You will be responsible for the following:
* Implementing the Companys Safety and Compliance system to ensure that the Companys services are maintained to the level of excellence required by the Accountable Managers Safety and Compliance policy statement.
* Performing safety investigations and analysing findings, within a maintenance organisation.
* Maintaining and co-ordinating a Quality system to ensure fulfilment of the requirements of the Ministry of Defence, Military Aviation Authority, EASA and ISO 9110 while simultaneously meeting all customer Compliance requirements.
* Executing the Quality Assurance duties and responsibilities, as defined by the MRP Part 145 MOE to ensure the Company maintains its accreditation as required for its operations.
* Monitoring compliance with, and adequacy of, all aspects of the company organisation Maintenance and Engineering operations to ensure safe operational practices and airworthiness of aircraft.
* You will implement and monitor safety and quality standards including the championing of the Company safety culture philosophy internally and externally and promoting a proactive and positive safety-first culture.
* Ensure development of robust company Safety and Compliance management systems that meet regulatory requirements.
* Implement the company compliance and audit surveillance system, perform audits and coordinate with Company managers to analyse root causes of different audit findings, obtain and evaluate related corrective and preventive actions.
* Assist with the interface to Aviation Authorities and Customers on Safety, Regulatory and Compliance matters.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competences
* Aircraft Engineer Licence and / or Bachelor degree or equivalent in Engineering / aviation services / aviation technology.
* Have held aviation safety and compliance roles.
* Lead auditor courses and auditing experience
* Completion of appropriate training courses, including aircraft type courses, SMS, safety risk assessment, relevant regulatory training.
* Significant experience in aircraft maintenance, safety and compliance assurance, involving aircraft base and line maintenance, engine and component repair workshop and design organisation domains, is essential.
* Experience in developing, documenting and auditing Safety and Compliance management systems.
* Knowledge and application of Aviation standards, rules and regulations in particular Part 145 and Part M as well as an appreciation of Part 21, within relevant maintenance organisations.
* Management/ application of databases and related information technology skills
* A high level of written and spoken English, including fluency in communication using technical vocabulary. Ability to communicate in any other European languages would be beneficial.
N.B. The successful candidate will be subject to security clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.