Oxfordshire, S. E. England, England
Up to £18 per hour + plus shift uplift
11 days ago
LINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
This is an opportunity for a skilled aircraft maintenance mechanic for employment at RAF Brize Norton within the team.
- Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship and have a minimum of 3 years' experience performing maintenance on operating aircraft and/or an EASA Cat 'A' licence.
- Be able to demonstrate experience maintaining commercial or military transport aircraft.
- Knowledge and experience using aircraft manuals and technical instructions to complete maintenance tasks on aircraft.
- Be able to speak, read and write technical English to a high standard.
- Be able to attain UK Security Clearance.
- Be flexible with working hours and able to work to a shift pattern.
- Be driven and self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team or be autonomous where required.
- Perform maintenance tasks to the high level of engineering standards expected by Airbus and comply with all company procedures.
- Human factors, SFAR88 (Fuel Tank Safety) & EWIS (electrical wiring and interconnecting systems) continuation training record.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks primarily on Airbus A400M aircraft and its components in a line maintenance environment under the supervision of civilian and military certifying staff.
- Provide support on occasion for workshop and maintenance support activities.
- Host/Manage any OEM working party activities that may be required within.
- Support on-going improvement and expansion initiatives.
- Mentor and support new civilian and military staff.
The successful candidate will be expected to cover the following shifts ( at business discresion)
06:00-18:00 - 12% shift premium
11:00-23:00 -12% shift premium
22:00-07:00 -17% shift premium
Primary shift pattern 06:00 -18:00 with half hour lunch on a 5-5-4 pattern (5days on, 4days off, 5days on, 5days off, 4days on 5days off)
There may on occasion be a requirement to work 11:00-23:00 or 22:00-07:00 on the same 5-5-4 pattern