Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Project Engineer, to provide project engineering team leadership to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. This will be achieved through the management of performance and the development of the team and will involve the coordination of all engineering disciplines within projects. The Senior Project Engineer will also be expected to act as the Project Engineering Manager on a large project or on a number of medium-sized projects.
- Support and assist the Project Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing targets are governed to standards and effect remedial action where required.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget.
- Act in the role of Contractor's Engineering Manager on projects as directed.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of designs prior to submission to the Client Designated Project Engineer.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time.
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team's performance.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer licence.