Up to £0.00 per annum
2 months ago
Are you a 3rd Line Windows/Vmware Infrastructure Engineer that has experience with Windows and VMware that provides a career rather than a job.
For over 50 years this business has been servicing Defence solutions and the intelligence community, providing highly complex IT solutions to a critical industry to the UK and even during this difficult period is predicting further growth across the business and in particular the security division with not one furlough or redundancy announced.This vacancy will be working on a brand-new team in the business to help support their customers capability's.
The activities will involve the support of shared service components installed as part of the Secure WAN service. The engineer will work with the current support personnel to understand the products and their use within the shared service and to develop their diagnostic skills / capability.
- VMware V6.x
- Windows 2016/19 Servers
- MS Service Center ( MS SCSM, SCOM etc)
- MS AD
- Support workarounds, solutions and mitigations for identified issues
- Support and identified issues requiring more detailed and in-depth analysis
- The reception of escalated fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service
Experience/background they are looking for:
- A knowledge of MS Service Center Support tool, MS Windows and VMWare
- Ability to engage with customers to meet their demands
This is an opportunity to work directly with the Home Office and Ministry of Defence to help support groundbreaking operations solutions that shapes the UK's Defence infrastructure. Opportunity to work with highly demanding customers and exposure to extremely challenging, complex and advanced projects that become invaluable in future.
They pride themselves on providing a career rather than a job. They provide funds across the business to complete external training courses and every individual is provided with a Plural Sight license to upskill. Plural Sight has been extremely effective for individuals that have not got any exposure to technologies, they have upskilled themselves in their own time and been provided access to projects that their training and development is useful for in a commercial environment.