3 months ago
Job Title: 3rd Line Support Engineer
Morson International have an active requirement for an experienced 3rd Line Engineer to work for one of our key Defence client's on-site in Basingstoke. The 3rd line support role will effectively manage and own assigned incidents escalated from the 2nd tier support team. These incidents will cover both infrastructure and application issues which require investigation and resolution or further escalation.
***Due to the nature of this role, successful candidates are required to hold a valid DV clearance prior to starting. Candidates who do not hold current DV clearance must be willing and eligible to undergo clearance***
Key Skills required:
- Experience of IT support, incident resolution and system management of secure IT solutions, IT infrastructures, application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery.
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications, IT security policies and enforcement.
- Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
- Experience in incident resolution and system management of secure IT infrastructures (including system backups)
- Experience of patch management and software delivery with Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager
- Understanding of ITIL system management
- Windows Server 2008 platforms
- Microsoft Group Policies
- Supporting Citrix XenApp application access
- VMware ESX and vCentre
- Management of SAN based storage system (ideally NetApp)
- Systems Centre Operations Manage 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012 reporting and managing
- Systems Centre Configuration Manager 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012 reporting and software delivery
- Anti-Virus management and reporting
The IT Division of Morson International has an excellent track record in the supply of IT skills across the full IT lifecycle. We have consistently supplied quality IT recruitment solutions whilst developing mutually beneficial, long term client relationships
For further information on the company and the role, please apply now by sending an up to date copy of your CV and contact