30 days ago
3rd Line Server Support Engineer - Bracknell
It feels good to get back some sort of normality in the last few weeks, however, If you still feel demotivated going back into work and do not feel that your career is progressing in the right direction then it would be great to hear from you!
I work with some very reputable organisations that heavily invest in individuals through internal training platforms and external training courses to keep you up to date with bleeding edge technologies.
This client is looking for a Server Support Engineer to be apart of an expanding team where there is plenty of scope for progression!
This client is on the lookout for someone who has a minimum of Windows Server Support experience.
This role will initially consist of providing 2nd and 3rd line support, however, as you become more comfortable in supporting 3rd line issues, there will be the opportunity to become a 4th Engineer. They are going to be completing a Server upgrade and a Windows 10 rollout so there are plenty of interesting projects to get your teeth into. Although there will be some project work, this role will be a hybrid between Server support and on a Service Desk providing support to end-users.
A list of the technology stack that they are working with is below:
- Windows platforms, primarily Windows 10, Server 2016 & Server 2019
- Microsoft Group Policies
- Microsoft Office 2016
- VMware desktop and server solutions
- Base understanding of Systems Centre components
- Anti-Virus management and reporting
- Raising/supporting technical escalations from the customer through the use of the service desk to ultimate resolution from a 1st and 2nd line perspective, escalating to 3rd line when applicable.
- The individual should also be able to work independently to fault find/manage their workload accordingly
- Resolving incidents in a polite and timely manner against challenging KPIs/SLAs
- Drive service improvements to their colleagues and customers alike.
Once again, this is for an organisation that provides careers and listens to what is important to you! They expect the successful candidates to continuously grow as this team expands and they are open for you to consider other areas in the business if that is what is right for your career!
You will be working on a diverse range of complex and meaningful projects that help shape the UK IT Defence Infrastructure. They will provide the opportunity to work with a range of technologies to help broaden your technical knowledge.
This role requires someone to undergo SC Clearance.
If you are interested in a change and want to work for a company that looks after their employees like their customers then do not hesitate to get in touch!