Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Are you a 3rd Line Network Engineer that thrives within a challenging and complex environment and would like to work with the latest Cisco technologies.
For over 50 years this business has been servicing Defence solutions and the intelligence community, providing highly complex IT solutions to a critical industry to the UK and even during this difficult period is predicting further growth across the business and in particular the security division with not one furlough or redundancy announced. This vacancy will be working on a brand-new team in the business to help support their customers capability's.
Providing operational support to a large enterprise network that runs 24/7 across two data centers and remote offices. You will collaborate with the rest of the team to maintain on premise networks to support BAU activities, perform network configuration changes, upgrades and liaise with third parties and other internal teams. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in project-based work, as you will be working closely with the project team
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of core routing and switching at CCNP level (minimum)
- Hands-on experiencing in troubleshooting enterprise networks
- Solid understanding of IP routing (BGP, OSPF, static routing, HSRP, VRF, tunneling protocols)
- Solid understanding of Layer 2 technologies (VLANs, port-security, 802.1X, spanning-tree)
- Experience with firewalls - Cisco Firepower, Cisco ASA and related features (ASDM, ACLs, IPSEC VPNs)
- Experience working with Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco ISR and ASR routers, and Cisco ISE
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI
- Understanding of network-level encryption
This is an opportunity to work directly with Government bodies to help support groundbreaking operations solutions that shapes the UK's Defence infrastructure. Opportunity to work with highly demanding customers and exposure to extremely challenging, complex and advanced projects that become invaluable in future.
They pride themselves on providing a career rather than a job. They provide funds across the business to complete external training courses and every individual is provided with a Plural Sight license to upskills themselves. Plural Sight has been extremely effective for individuals that have not got any exposure to technologies, they have upskilled themselves in their own time and been provided access to projects that their training and development is useful for in a commercial environment.