Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
Slowly but surely the world is going back normal… I suppose. Just because the world is on hold does not mean your career should be on hold too. IT projects are still ticking by and I am working with a client that is in one of the most stable industries at the moment. They have multiple exciting projects taking place right now that they need external resources for.
We are on the lookout for a 3rd Line Linux Engineer who is able to provide support across multiple accounts within their very demanding customer base. This role will consist of assisting in the day to day operations and duties of the DNS SD-WAN Service. No direct customer support will be required for this role but some on-site work at the data center is required.
Key skills need to be successful:
- Bash & Shell Scripts
- Visits to Data Centre facilities as part of problem based investigation
- Generation of Support documentation (web and paper based)
- Support workarounds, solutions and mitigations for identified issues
- Support and identified issues requiring more detailed and in-depth analysis
- The reception of escalated fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service
- Maintain full and accurate records and progress all customer fault reports and technical enquiries
I want to reiterate that this establishment has one of the biggest budgets in the UK to complete internal and external training courses. They will heavily invest in you and in this team, there is plenty of scope for career progression.
This is for a company that works on highly sensitive information that requires candidates to undergo SC Clearance at a minimum to be successful.
Feel free to send your CV directly