£45000 - £50000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a 3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer to be based in Surbiton, Surrey.
- The 3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer provides 3rd level support and ownership for the IT Infrastructure
- The role requires a strong IT Infrastructure background with experience of completing BAU 3rd level support activities in conjunction with project works and deliverables
- To provide resolution to technical issues not achieved as part of the 1st or 2nd line fix capability of the IT Service Desk, which may be remotely executed or carried out onsite locally to the issue.
- The role acts as an ambassador for IT to the rest of the business in a highly mobile role, based from 1 of the 3 main offices in the UK.
- A high degree of technical ability and awareness is required to cover the areas of support provided from this team.
- The role supports the IT Service Desk coverage between 8 - 6pm UK Mon-Fri on a shift rota basis
- List the main aspects of the job, with an emphasis on duties and responsibilities for junior roles, and accountabilities and deliverables for more senior roles.
- Management of the Mobile, Desktop, Server, WAN, LAN, VPN, Telephony, Print, Security and Storage solutions
- To complete pre-planned systems, security and infrastructure activities as defined in the management system
- Provides maintenance & capacity planning for storage, compute, bandwidth, licensing, security
- Delivers best practice security standards as part of the IT Security standards delivered under ISO 27001 and compliant with GDPR
- Provides 3rd line support for all technologies covered in the above categories
- Works with the Change and Release function to safely and securely deliver updates and enhancements. To ensure that all changes are compliantly documented.
- Works with IT PMO to ensure on time, quality led, costed solutions are delivered and documented
- To provide training for 1st and 2nd Line support staff on all technologies covered in the above categories
- Will support the IT Service Desk by providing a timely/SLA based resolution to escalated tickets, and will be accountable for the service or delays on their tickets that impact on the SLA for the department.
- Will support the configuration and consistent deployment of mobile, computing, & software assets, including desktop, mobile and application packaging.
- To evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance the EMCOR UK IT Infrastructure and systems delivery
- Liaises with external 3rd parties to provide subcontracted services i.e. calling out engineers to faulty equipment
- Enterprise Antivirus
- Managed Backup
- IT Monitoring Solutions
- Enterprise VOIP Telephony
- Hardware (Dell)
- Enterprise MDM
- Experience and Understanding of the following technologies is advantageous:
- Security & Incident Event Management Solutions (SIEM)
- Desktop, server, database and mail encryption
- Microsoft ADFS
- Microsoft Office 365
- Disaster Recovery Solutions (to ISO 22301 standards)
- Microsoft Exchange Infrastructure
- Enterprise Internet Web Filtering Solutions
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension Scheme
- Private Health care after 6 months
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.