York, North Yorkshire
£320 - £420 per day
Rail Technical Team
about 2 months ago
Recruiting for a Telecoms Project Engineer to join the team based in York. You will be working as part of Capital Delivery, across a range of Telecoms projects on the East Coast Mainline.
Role is inside scope of IR35 paying £320-£400 per day.
Duration asap - 21st February 2021 with opportunities for extension
What you will do:
- Implement systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
- Engineer Projects to the standards and specification, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
- Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with environmental policy.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
- Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Internal and contractor's design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
- Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
Your experience will include:
- Successful relevant experience in signalling engineering, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, risk assessment, engineering management competency.
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Project safety management experience
- Yellow book course.