£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
3 days ago
Purpose of the Role:
The role holder works under limited supervision generally in routine business as usual situations supporting several products, product sets and systems to help maintain the availability of the IT services delivered to end users. The role holder is also able to resolve non routine issues and recognises the importance of meeting Service Level Agreements and is focused on meeting customer expectations. The role holder will resolve escalations from other team members and will have a good knowledge of their working area, processes and required technical skills.
As the 2nd Line Engineer, you be expected to:
- Investigate and resolve issues and incidents passed on from the 1st tier support team
- Be the first line of investigative response and will be required to manage and own assigned incidents escalated from the 1st tier support team
- support other supporting activities including but not limited to the following:
- Providing technical input into resolver groups
- Providing technical input into service management reports
- Technically supporting ad-hoc requirements from the support and delivery teams
To be successful in the role of 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will have the following skills:
- Have good technical knowledge of infrastructure, applications and secure IT solutions
- Have good knowledge of secure MOD infrastructures, protective marking, security caveats, Impact Levels
- ITIL System Management
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 platforms
- VMWare ESX and/or vCentre
- Experience with Anti-Virus management and reporting
Any knowledge of the following will hold you in good stead:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- SQL Server 2008 database management
- CISCO Switch management
- CISCO Firewall management
This role will in effect be the first line of investigative response and so needs someone who is an excellent team player, takes ownership of assigned tasks and anticipates and identifies potential issues and service improvements.
Immediate start date in a two-stage interview process.
All candidates must be SC cleared or eligible for Clearance.