£0.00 - £46.00 per hour
6 months ago
2nd Line Security Analyst (Shifts)
- When required perform initial triage/identification of 'Events of Interest' using the SOC toolset
- Complete analysis/correlation of 'Events of Interest' to identify incidents
- Ensuring that all events, events of interest, exceptions & incidents are responded to in accordance with established SOC work instructions, including remedial action/recommendations.
- Create and follow Playbooks
- Complete post incident reporting.
- Provide log analysis to support SOC services (including threat hunting)
- Responsible for SOC work instructions, ensuring they are reviewed & amended.
- Maintain currency in security concepts, tools and best practices
- Produce reports (as per templates) & vulnerability/trending analysis as requested by UK SOC Mgr or key stakeholders.
- Present & review reports to internal & external key stakeholders
- Complete tooling configuration changes including but not limited to filters/tuning/dashboards as authorised.
- Carry out minor tool maintenance as directed by SOC lead engineer.
- SIEM - ArcSight Analyst
- In depth knowledge of Intrusion Prevention Systems (Analysis)
- Firewall / CISO ASA
- TCP/IP Fundamentals
- ITIL Fundamentals (or equivalent)
- CompTIA Security (or equivalent)
- CompTIA Network (or equivalent)
- Wireshark Packet Analysis
- SANS SEC401: Security Essentials (or equivalent)
- SANS SEC503: Intrusion Detection in-depth (or equivalent)
- SANS SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling (or equivalent)
- SANS SEC401: Security Essentials
- Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA
- FIAHMG - Fundamentals of Information Assurance in HMG (leading to CCP)
- CREST (Registered Intrusion Analyst) (CRIA)
- SANS SEC501: Advanced Security Essentials
- All Analysts/Engineers from level 2 onwards are expected to be able to present and write professional reports to key.
- All staff are expected to exercise good time management and work as part of a team